Your Personal Injury Consultation: How to Prepare
To support and serve victims of accidents, our law firm offers an initial personal injury consultation absolutely free of charge. We take time to look at every aspect of your personal injury case. During this first-time meeting, we’ll examine your claim, discuss your injuries, and go over your options.
As expected, you may be new to the process and not sure how to prepare. Below is a checklist of things you should compile and bring with you for your first personal injury consultation with your attorney. Download a printable copy of the checklist here.
Your Personal Injury Consultation: What to Bring with You
- Photographs of the accident, and/or photos of your injuries
- Accident reports (usually a police report)
- Citations or tickets you received
- Witness contact information
- Self-taken notes about your injuries (see below “Before Your Personal Injury Consultation: Write Down Everything…“)
- Hospital discharge papers and Doctor’s notes
- Diagnostic tests: MRI’s, CT Scans, X-rays or other tests
- Auto Insurance policy (including your Declarations Page)
- Health Insurance cards
- Medicare Cards
- Any medical bills you have received
- Details on prior illnesses or injuries, including dates and procedures
- Information on other driver -or- information about the property where your accident occurred
- Any other information that might be helpful
Before Your Personal Injury Consultation: Write Down Everything (and bring to your consultation)
To simplify the process, use our personal injury questionnaire, the second page of our printable checklist.
- Detailed summary of what occurred during the accident that caused the claim? (A timeline of events makes this easier)
- Also include what happened before and after the accident.
- Time and place of the accident, being as specific as possible.
- Weather conditions at the time of the accident.
- Which doctors / medical facilities did you receive treatment? (Keep track of dates of treatment and locations, [addresses])
- Witness testimony, if possible.
- Description of harm and/or injury you sustained? (Be specific)
- Describe the nature and extent of your injuries (both physical and mental).
- Include your personal experience and feelings (including physical pain).
- Note the effect your injuries have had on your work, social and personal life.
- Include the effects (physical, emotional, mental, financial, logistical) that your injuries have had on your family (spouse, children and dependents, parents or guardians), detailing ways they are rearranging their lives to care for you.
- List of dates/time missed from work as a result of your injuries (include time away from work for medical or legal appointments related to your injuries)
- List of dates and specific events or activities (work, recreational, personal) you could not participate in, due to your injuries.
If you adequately prepare yourself before your personal injury consultation, you will give the attorney the opportunity to thoroughly assess your case, and allow him determine the best course of action, moving forward.
Injured in an Accident? Call us to Schedule a Free Personal Injury Consultation.
At Joseph M. Ghabour & Associates, we take time to look at every aspect of your personal injury case. We are a family of compassionate legal professionals who will make you our top priority. If you’re hurt in an accident, let’s talk. There is no financial obligation to you, so you can chat freely with an experienced lawyer and get sound legal advice. We’ll discuss your options and do our best to help you move forward past your accident. Give us a call today.